Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Birds in Colorado Springs

A couple of days after placing my new bird feeder outside of my art studio window, I started keeping track of the different birds that appeared. I have now seen 14 different birds. Some of my favorites are seen below. The feeder is very popular and as the weather turns cooler, the birds eat more and more. I have also seen the squirrels constantly foraging for seeds. They don't seem to try to knock the bird feeder down as much, but just wait for some tasty morsel to drop.
Here is a list of the birds I have seen so far, in no particular order:
  1. Black-billed Magpie
  2. Mourning Dove
  3. Western Kingbird
  4. Common Grackle
  5. House Finch
  6. American Goldfinch
  7. Female Downy Woodpecker
  8. Scrub Jay
  9. Blue Jay
  10. Black Capped Chickadee
  11. White-breasted Nuthatch
  12. Swainson's Thrush
  13. Western Tanager
  14. Western Tanager LWatry©2012
  15. Rufous-sided Towhee
    Scrub Jay LWatry©2012



Female Downy Woodpecker LWatry©2012

No comments:

Post a Comment